4.6.13

Tom Waits on Anton Corbijn's portraits

Q: Is there a photograph in the book that sums you up?

A: Not one. It's different aspects of yourself. But I do like the one where I'm midair looking like a monkey. Stuff like that won't come out right if it's in the wrong hands.
(...)
The thing is, is it more interesting not to know the origin of things or interesting to know? I think we know too much about stuff these days. We're in a deficit of wonder now because we're buried between huge piles of information. I think things were better when we knew little. In the old days you just had the album cover to look at and you had to guess what it was about. For the picture, bring a tuba, a pitchfork and don't shave. What does that mean? You decide. I don't care. You were challenged to use your imagination about what that is. I think it's just better to either be lied to or know nothing. I have a reality distortion box, and everything comes out of there.
The rest of Tom Wait's interview can be found here.


Etiquetas: ,

0 Comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial

Em Macau: Em Lisboa:
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BARBOSA BRIOSA. Make your own badge here.
Bookmark and Share